Monday, October 28, 2019

Filming Day Blog

Today in our media studies class we got to film for the whole class period with our groups. My group and I chose a 
anti-vaping video because we thought our commercial could have an impact on today’s teenagers and their addiction to vaping. The first thing I did for the process of filming was costumes, we all decided to wear white shirts in order to look more professional. I also brought a USB drive to use it as a vape for filming. I was the director of our group so I had to take care of all the process of checking out all the equipment. Unfortunately we ran across a big issue, one of our group members was very sick and could not make it to school, so we had to adjust almost everything. We made sure that we had the right camera and the SD number card and went down stairs. Before we went downstairs we had to get tape but we didn’t have any in our class so we had to get it from the class next to us.
         I taped on my shirt signs saying “lung cancer” and the other member of our ground had “addiction” taped to his shirt. The first shot of our commercial is our group member sitting on the stairs of our school and using the USB like a vape. This scene only took one take, but we still took more takes in case something was wrong. Not having enough people we wanted in our group, was a big problem. Luckily a student we knew walked by, he had experience with the class as he passed AICE media studies, so he helped us get a couple of shots. I had the idea of adding some dialogue at the end of our video to present the consequences of vaping. The other group member and I talked to the camera about the consequences of vaping and this took a lot of takes because we didn’t know what to say at first and then we started laughing.
             I made sure that there was a white wall behind us to make it look more professional. I then packed up the equipment and the other group members helped me carry it up to the classroom. I started the dumping process before class ended and we finished on time. I also had to help another group that  needed extra people to form an “L” for their media commercial. I figured out how to insert the SD card into the SD card reader and then into the computer correctly. I then went up to the classroom and dumped all the the clips from the SD card onto my computer. I then packed up all the equipment and put our equipment sign out paper in the correct folder. We somewhat had to rush so that the next period could use the SD card as soon as possible. In the end we all had a very enjoyable experience filming. I think our group was very productive. I think our commercial is very educational and it will have a big impact on teenagers addiction for vaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment