Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Day Blog

Today in our media class we were supposed to start the process of editing. I was very excited for this day as I love working with computers and editing videos. As soon as class started my group and I started working on the computers, after signing in, I tried to find pinnacle studios on the computer offered by our class and school. I couldn’t find it but I just thought that it was a problem with my account so I signed out and let another group member try with his account. After all of our group members tried with the school computers and it didn’t work, we started worrying that we were the only group struggling with the process. Luckily I brought my computer to school and I had the idea to use it so I  decided to start working on my computer. We rushed the process because we thought we were behind everyone else. When I opened my computer I had to update it and unfortunately this took a while. We thought that editing on my computer would’ve been a lot faster and more efficient, but after twenty minutes of waiting for my computer to update we started to get irritated by the fact that we couldn’t edit.
After my computer was finally done updating, we downloaded IMovie or at least we tried to. Our school WiFi wouldn’t let us download this application so we needed to find another source of WiFi to make sure the computer would work. A group member, luckily, has unlimited data so we used his phone as a WiFi source. We finally thought that we were about to start editing and finish our task for today. But when we tried to open iMovie or pinnacle studios, both of them didn’t work. This is when we find out the whole class couldn’t edit today. The programs crashed.
I was very aggravated by the fact that we couldn’t edit today because I was very excited for this day. Since our group member was sick during filming day we had to adapt and find a solution, and I thought that today we would explained her everything about the film and the editing part but we couldn’t because it wasn’t working. Despite this, she offered to help a lot for editing to make it up since she wasn’t here and couldn’t do much for the filming day. Overall today was a pretty frustrating  day because we weren’t able to work. But something I learned today was hot to move footage from the desktop to Google Drive. Hopefully we will be able to start working next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment