Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

My name is Luca, I’m Italian and I moved to the United States three years ago. When I first got to the  US, everything seemed nice and perfect, and I was living the dream. I was ready to start a new life leaving everything I had before behind me. Moving to a new country isn’t always as easy and fun as it seems, not knowing how to speak the language that everyone speaks around you it’s very demoralizing but I’m very proud of myself for learning English so fast and all on my own.

At the beginning of my junior year my sister graduated and moved to Wisconsin when she obtained a scholarship for swimming. At this point my mom decided to move back to Italy so she could provide a better income for my sister and I. My mom gave me the chance to move back with her, but I knew that if I did I was going to waste the two years that I already spent in the United States. So I moved in  my friend’s cottage and I’ve been living there for a year now and at the beginning it was pretty hard not seeing my mom every day and having her drive me to school or eating her amazing dinners. Eventually with time I got used to it and I realized that this experience is making me a more mature and independent person and I think this will help a lot with my future because this isn’t something many people have the chance to do.

Now I’m a senior and I’m ready to go to college, to start a new chapter of my life, learn new things and meet new people. I think that meeting new people is one of the best things in life because you can learn from their best qualities and also worse qualities so you don’t make the same mistakes. I consider myself a very lucky and unique guy because I can speak three languages and I can almost do anything on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment