Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Music Video

Working on the music video was a lot different than working on the commercial video. I had a new group for this project and this time all of the participants worked and did their part for the video. this was my favourite part of the year because I got to work with my friends and we did a music video which was very fun to make and very interesting. I learned a lot in the making of this project, I got more familiar with the editing process and I realised how complicated it is. Before I thought it was just putting the two videos but it is a lot more than that, first off you need to see if there is any details that need to be fixed in the shot because you are the last person to see the shots before it becomes an actual video. I rewatched every shot very carefully and we had to reshoot some scenes because they looked disorganised. once I had every shot and they were all right I had to put them together and find the perfect transition for each part. I had a lot of fun looking for transitions because I wanted to make sure that I was going to pick the right one. Once I was done with that I had to add the song to the video and I had to pick what I thought the best part of the song would be a good match for the video.
The editing process took me about a day or two and I honestly thought it was going to take me a lot longer because I am not very familiar with computers and editing apps like iMovie. This app turned out to be very easy to use, I watched some videos on how to use the app and it made it easier for me to become more familiar with it. After I was done with the video the whole group watched it and gave their honest opinions on how it looked and what could be fixed. We all noticed that some of my transitions weren't as good as I thought so I reedited the video and fixed the little mistakes until there were none.  I was very happy about how the video came out and I also was very proud of myself and my group because we each contributed equally to the project and it showed it in the results of the video.
If the video isn't working please click on the following link: 



No comments:

Post a Comment