Friday, April 24, 2020

Final Movie

Working on this project was a very stressful part of the year for me. I had to manage a lot of work that was going on in the class but also in the other classes I had. I am a senior in high school and seeing all my friends being a little less serious about school and seeing the classes with a lot of missing students due to seniorities, was affecting me too. But I knew that I needed to be responsible and take care of my school stuff and come to school and devote my time to school work like this project. I honestly thought that our group was going to do just fine for this project because we all already worked together and we knew each other, but it turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. We started having arguments since the first moment, we didn't agree with the idea for our film, we each had different ideas and when me and another group member finally agreed on one idea, the other group member wasn't okay with it. We had to change it, but again the same situation happened so we just decided to make another one. They always say that the third time is a charm, and luckily, this time it was. We went on with this idea and we started story boarding but none of us are good artists so it took us a while. We split the work evenly and a day before everything on the story board was due Camilo and I were done with our part but the other group member wasn't so we decided to take her part and do it for her. We got everything we had to do done, but this created some tension inside our team and it wasn't good at all because we were just getting started with the film. We weren't happy with the fact that we had to do extra work just because the other group member didn't do the part she was supposed to do, but this is what friends and group members are for so we covered her work without a lot of complaining. As time passed, the tension went down and we all started working together and peacefully again. I think that coming to this solution had a huge impact on the outcome of our final product, because we all know that when you work in a happy, safe, and friendly environment the work will be a lot better than if you were to work in a tense environment. I really liked and I was very proud of how the film came out because it is a well filmed movie that also has a nice story time. I also really liked how although some tension was created during the time of this project we were all mature enough to let it go and focus on the work while keeping our calm and staying friends. I was very sad that this was the last time working with anyone that was part of this class due to the Coronavirus outbreak, but all that is important right now is being safe and healthy, and wait until everything that is happening goes back to normal as soon as possible.
If the video isn't working please click on the following link: 

No comments:

Post a Comment