Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting The Final Task

Hello my name is Luca Guerra Montes and I’m a student at Fort Lauderdale High School. I’m an exchange student from Italy and I have spent all my four years of high school in the United States. I am  a senior, and next year I’ll be going to college, where I will start a new chapter of my life, learn new things and meet new people. I think that meeting new people is one of the best things in life because by getting to know them, you can learn from their best qualities and also from their worse ones. I consider myself a very lucky and unique guy because I can speak three languages and I can almost do anything on my own. I will be working with Ryan Brooks and Camilo Prado, I’ve known them for a while and this will help with our film because having a good group chemistry will help us make a excellent film.
In the first semester of being in this class, I’ve learned many helpful things that I will need in the future but especially when I’ll be working on the final task. Something that this class has taught me is how to manage my personal time in class and how to be responsible. When I have blogs due I try to do them as soon as possible because if I don’t I will keep procrastinating and end up staying up late at night to finish them. Before joining this class I wasn’t fluent when working with computers, cameras, and editing; but now I’m a lot more familiar with this stuff and I’m getting better as time goes on. This class has grown on me and now, when I watch movies, I automatically analyze them in my mind. For example I notice camera angles, sounds effects, and light effects.
A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in twenty-five words or less, usually with one sentence. Our first pitch is all of us at a cemetery at a funeral with a voiceover. After it shifts back to the past showing what happened and the voice over starts telling the story of why we are at our friend’s funeral. Our second pitch is teens going out to a graveyard on Halloween night with the Ouija board and eventually one teen disappears. For our second pitch a soccer player is in the a pro and he breaks his leg and eventually hits rock bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment